This week, we are wrapping our deep dive about Martin Luther King, Jr. I am so proud of how much the class has learned about this important person. Moving forward, we are going to learn about American symbols and important people. I am so excited to teach this unit and see how much the class will learn.
In math, we are continuing our in depth study around place value. Shortly, we will begin adding double digits. Please continue to practice simple addition and subtraction fluency facts. It is very important to master these facts, as you child grows their math skills.
On Monday, our decorated Valentine’s hearts are due. Both first grade classes will hang the hearts in the hall way. Thank you!
Month at a Glance
- Science Fair 2/2
- Learning Celebration 2/3
- Friendship Grams 2/6-2/10
- Regional Spelling Bee 2/15
- Honk Performances 2/16-2/18
- School is Closed- 2/20
- Gifted Testing 2/20-3/3
- Important Announcements
- Learning Celebration
- Learning Celebration is a time-honored tradition that we have at San Tan where families are invited into each student’s classroom to celebrate all the hard work and learning the students have done. We will run Learning Celebration from 1:00-3:30 (11:30-12:00 for half day Kinder) on Friday February 3rd.
- Science Fair Volunteer Helper Request
- We are in need of about 60+ volunteers to help judge our 200+ science fair projects and to ensure our children have a positive, scientific experience. : -)
- Judging will take place on February 1st, from 4 to 5pm. The fair will open to the public at 5pm. Awards will be given on Friday the 4th at the STEM Festival.
- Volunteer here – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe9dlosMnk7uj-a_BWW6tOZO4kRv6B88L4f8PQaeYHLrD3haQ/viewform
- Thank you so much for your time! We couldn’t do this without you! : -)
Have a great week.